Thursday, October 3, 2013

Reading Gems - A Stolen Life By Jaycee Dugard

This is something you probably don't know about me, but I'm a big fan of the news. I read it and watch it all the time. It's one thing that sidetracks me a lot when I'm trying to get some work on my novels done. I read an interesting article online, which makes me click on another one and another until hours of my life are gone forever.

That's why sometimes I love to read stories like this about amazing things that happened on the news. If you don't know about it already, Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped at the age of eleven by Phillip Craig Garrido and his wife, Nancy. He held her hostage for eighteen years and raped her many times. She gave birth to two children by him that she raised in his house. What makes the story especially amazing was that the cops were able to find her after all that time and that she was reunited with her mother.

I was sick when I read this story. I think I had a kidney stone and I couldn't get out of bed, so I needed something to distract me from the pain and discomfort. This book left me at the edge of my seat to the point where I finished it within twenty-four hours. I didn't want to sleep or do anything else, until I found out how the story ended. What she went through was truly horrifying. I cried several times while I was reading it, especially towards the end when she was reunited with her mother and that's why I recommend the book to anyone who enjoys non-fiction. It is one of my favorite books of all time.

Have you read any interesting novels based on something that occurred on the news? Because I'd probably be interested in reading them as well. Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)


Obat Penyakit Jantung
Penyebab TBC Kelenjar
Obat Gatal Bibir Vagina
Cara Mengobati Vitiligol
Pengobatan Infeksi Jantung