Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sometimes The Reward Takes A Long Time

I remember that there was a children's church group I used to go to. It had games, stories, and toys that fascinated me. When it first started, fifty kids went every week, but the leadership changed and eventually those numbers dwindled down to only five children: my brother and I and the three kids in the church family that ran the group.

My Mother said that it always meant so much to her that they continued to run that group, nurturing and teaching her children, even though there was never a large group of kids around.

Well, that kind of reminds me of my blog and my writing. You see, I write in this blog regularly. I have a total of one follower and one comment. I also work on my novel every day and have found only one person who was willing to read the whole thing and critique it for me.

I'm glad that anyone cared enough to read the stuff I write at all (don't get me wrong), but I really hope that if an agent ever looks at this blog or someone else that holds my future in their hands, that they aren't turned off by the small numbers and instead they see the dedication I have to my writing career regardless of the results.

Because when you really love something, you can't stop doing it.

I have many goals in mind when it comes to my future. I don't have another job, all I do is work on writing and furthering this career full time. What people don't tell you is that it's a lot of pain and a lot of work with often very little results. I received another rejection for something to do with my writing career today. So far I've gotten no acceptances, but it hasn't stopped me.

3 comments:

PamelaTurner said...

Just the fact you've completed something and submitted it means you're farther than many people who say they want to be a published author but don't make any attempt toward their goal.

Wishing you best of luck in your career goals.

E.B. Black said...

Thank you for saying that. =) I've had kind of a down day today and that might have been apparent in my blog.

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. no problem no life, no matter did not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pembengkakan Ibu Jari
Khasiat Dari Daun Bandotan
Obat Herbal Kista Rahim Pada Wanita
Yoghert Dan Manfaatnya Bagi Kesehatan
Jenis Makanan Yang Mengandung Kandungan Karbohidrat Tinggi